Pathway2Light

Pathway 2 Light

Monday, September 19, 2011

Couponing 101: Getting Started.

It has begun! I have joined the band wagon and starting this whole couponing adventure! I am sure most of you have seen previews or seen the show "Extreme Couponing," watching people buying hundreds and hundreds worth of groceries and saving like 90% on their bill! Well, I have definitely been inspired to SAVE MONEY- and I thought some of you might want join in! So, I will be starting Couponing Series for me to help you (or you to help me... HA! Since I am sooo new this) on this adventure.

I recently just attending an "Extreme Couponing Class" this past week. I just LOVED what was taught there. In fact, I LOVED it so much that I have 3 Newspapers coming to my house weekly (yes, that is THREE papers... oh goodness, what did I get myself into). 


 Here is the basis of what I learned: 

1. Get Sunday's Newspaper with all the ads and coupons inside (basically you are looking for the Smart Source(SS) Ad, Proctor & Gamble (P&G), anything additional you like). Of course, you can choose not to get the paper but most of the manufacturer's coupons come inside of it.

2. Start a file system labeling your SS; P&G; Red Plum (comes through the mail) with the "Sunday's date." File them away. 
**3. Here is the key... Every item in the grocery/pharmacy like stores goes through a 10-12 week 'rock bottom low' prices. When your item is at 'rock bottom low,' use the manufacturer's coupon to get the ultimate SAVINGS! (Buying multiple paper's means that you can get two, three, four, ten, etc. of an item... hence how people can become extreme.)


**Stock up on an item to last the 10-12 week cycle until the item hits the rock bottom price again, then stock up again. I use Grocery Smarts to help me find the best deals weekly. 

Let the Savings begin and please share your Savings with me!


-Ashley


P.S. For you Vegas couponers, check 
out Tip Resource and Grocery Smarts for tips 
and to help you plan your shopping trips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment